Type Battle 32, The Book Cover Competition

Typohpile has a new Type Battle up, this one centered around creating a book cover, with the subject of the book chosen by the random Wikipedia article chooser. But that’s not all! You then have to search the keywords from your title through the LIFE magazines photo archive that Google put up, and use one of the images that come up using those parameters… does that make sense?

Anyhow, I thought I’d try it out and I ended up getting Horns of Ock Street, which was from an incident in the 1700’s where a bunch of crazy guys roasted an ox and then had a fight over the horns. The Ock Street guys beat the Vineyard Guys, so they got to keep the horns and put it over their bar, er something. So I found this sweet photo of horns and made it colorful. Ta da!

You can still enter, I’m not really sure when the battle ends, but if you do, leave a description and link to your entry in the comments, I’d love to see what everyone else does.

12 Comments Type Battle 32, The Book Cover Competition

1. victor December 12, 2008 at 6:47 PM

i will join this challange.

2. Peter December 13, 2008 at 1:19 PM

I’ve done one concerning album covers before, this looks like fun also.

3. GAPS December 14, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Been reading your good taste for ages now, but never been spurred to comment until now.

You successfully cracked whatever small barrier was in the way of me signing up to typophile. My (first, since I love the idea behind this exercise) submission, here.

4. Abby December 14, 2008 at 2:56 PM

You’re going to win, Bobby!

5. nika December 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM

No way! I went to that castle when I was in Germany, at the beginning of high school. I recognized that hallway and the horns instantly.

On the subject though, neat competition, I like the randomness factor. Might want to have a go at it.

6. Amber December 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM

That image is fantastic! Heh I’m not sure I am up to designing something for Air Supply though…

7. Darkshipp December 15, 2008 at 12:39 PM

love your site. this was my favorite typophile battle, by far.
    mine’s “the devil has my double” –