Swedish Fish | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape

Swedish Fish | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape
Click here to download

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I figured I would start the week with a mixtape I created called Swedish Fish. Since this weekend is Thanksgiving here in the States I thought it would be nice for you all to have something to listen to on your car rides, plane trips, or train adventures!

The mixtape was made a few months ago for someone I cared for a lot, and was inspired by female, Swedish singers. Now, not everyone on the mix is a lady, nor are they all Swedish, but that’s the overall vibe of it. My absolute favorite song on the mix is the Murmaids’ Popsicles and Icicles, a song I listened to when I was about 10 years old, but for some reason suddenly remembered as a 26 year old.

01 Skinny Dip by The Polyphonic Spree
02 Blueberry Tree Part 1 by Husky Rescue
03 Little Bit by Lykke Li
04 Popsicles and Icicles by The Murmaids
05 Inner Island (The Hood Internet Remix) By El Perro Del Mar
06 Tension by Architecture in Helsinki
07 Do Not Be Afraid by Mount Eerie
08 Avril 14th by Aphex Twin
09 Beauty Mark by Charlotte Gainsbourg
10 Apple Orchard by The Antlers
11 Norlands Riviera by Peter Bjorn and John
12 From Stardust to Sentience by High Places

I hope you all enjoy the mix!

19 Comments Swedish Fish | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape

1. michael November 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM

there’s nothing quite so amazing as seeing phil elvrum do “do not be afraid” live.

2. Zeek November 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Sure to be as great a mix as the others, but man Bobby, The swede-ified KN logo, [insert Swedish word for perfection here].

3. Taylor November 24, 2008 at 4:11 PM

I also agree on the perfection of the “swede-ified” KN logo.

4. joanne November 24, 2008 at 4:16 PM

oh wow, thank you! i’m gonna listen to this while i write my letter of intent for study abroad in sweden next year. good timing, bobby :D

random fact of the day: the word for strawberry in swedish is jordgubbar. it’s a great word.

5. Daniel C November 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Great jams. Been laying low from an ankle injury the past week and this mix helped put the jump back in my step!

6. Peter November 24, 2008 at 8:04 PM

norlands riviera is a beautiful song. I thought seaside rock was such an escape for PB&J even though it wasn’t liked by the press all that much.

7. BobbyBobby November 24, 2008 at 8:08 PM

@Peter: Yeah I really like that album a lot too, I’ve been on kind of a PB&J kick right now.

8. ae November 24, 2008 at 10:56 PM

such a pretty little mix, i’m really enjoying it. thanks!

9. Peter November 24, 2008 at 11:20 PM

Haha, I still claim them to be the best live band I have ever seen. Definitely see them if they go to LA.

10. Jon November 25, 2008 at 9:09 AM

This mix is amazing, bobby. Thank you so much for introducing me to Charlotte Gainsbourg. That song is something else…

11. Pingback: MEDIAMORPHOSIS’ BLOG » Un pesce svedese per i vostri ipod, offerto da Kitsune Noir

12. Pingback: brandonnn.com — +KN | Kitsune Noir » Swedish Fish | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape

13. Mae December 6, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Awesome! Your music taste is impeccable.

14. V December 7, 2008 at 10:51 AM

GREAT mix! I’ve been enjoying a lot of Swedish music lately and doing a Swedish Sunday column on my site.

I see you have the Hood Internet remix on there, they are local guys from here in Chicago. Really glad to see that their name is getting out past the confines of our city’s dancefloors.

15. leanna December 8, 2008 at 10:25 AM

still can’t stop listening to this mix. it is just such a perfect and lovely soundtrack for this winter weather.

sincerest thanks.

16. Pingback: Crazybananas » Blog Archive » Roadtripping

17. Nick Fancher November 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I think this is my favorite mix to date. I am still working my way through all your mixes though so that may change ;)

Thank you so much for these.

18. naomi March 11, 2010 at 3:07 AM

So beautiful)))) thanks. Also one of my favourites