Liquor Store: Tribeca Mens Shop by J. Crew

J. Crew is stepping up it’s game with it’s newest venture, a pop-up shop in an old liquor store called the Tribeca Mens Shop. The shop features a good selection of items, I mean, it’s a full mens clothing store, but these aren’t pieces you’ll find in a normal J. Crew store. But what I’m more interested in is the store itself, which takes an older space and revitalizes it, a trend that’s proving quite popular right now.

First there’s Earnest Sewn, which is moving into the old Good Year Tires building on Beverly, here in Los Angeles. Then there’s Malin + Goetz which is opening it’s second store in an old Puerto Rican owned barbershop on Amsterdam and 82nd in New York. I’m personally loving this trend, to me it makes the experience of shopping so much nicer as these places are already filled with years of charm and character. I also think it’s pretty inspiring as well, especially when it comes to how I’d like to decorate my apartment, haha…

You can check out more photos of the store as well the collection by clicking here.

6 Comments Liquor Store: Tribeca Mens Shop by J. Crew

1. rachael November 3, 2008 at 7:40 AM

thanks for posting the link to the malin + goetz re-do…my great uncle used to spend a lot of time at that barber shop, i’m happy to see they’ll be keeping the feel of it.

2. eric November 3, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Andy Spade’s company, Partner’s & Spade came into the mix to make this place happen. And I imagine that is why they are offering the cooler items at this store like Birdwells and old Rolex watches and a Mackintosh raincoat.
    I can’t wait to see the Jack Spade men’s line.

3. christopher bird November 3, 2008 at 9:49 AM

don’t forget about the fashion boutique that opened in CBGB’s and didn’t change the interior AT ALL!

4. BobbyBobby November 3, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Chris: John Varvatos, very true.

5. Linda November 4, 2008 at 12:00 PM

I would love to see Manhattan Portage do a pop up! Would be great to see it in the puerto rico coffee shop…

6. Mens fashion September 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Wow the design great, the watches good maybe i collect of this soon.. thanks for posting..