A Short Clip From A Marc Jacobs Documentary

Over the weekend I made a stop at the Marc by Marc Jacobs store, one of my favorite things to do because they not only have amazing clothes, they also have items that are amazingly affordable, so I was able to pick myself up a tie for $35 and a yellow stinky rat tee for $18. Nice, right? So I came across this clip from a documentary on Marc which gives a small peak behind the scenes of the business process of both Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton. It’s fun to see his studio, his affection and need for his assistant Joseph, and all of the meetings he has trying to map out the future.

Anyone know where I can see the rest of this?

Found through unfolded/now

16 Comments A Short Clip From A Marc Jacobs Documentary

1. Rob McDougall August 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM

I want a job that looks that fun.

2. Phil August 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM

3. Pingback: Marc Jacobs Documentary Clip | Hypebeast

4. Pingback: Rhythm Natives » Marc Jacobs Documentary Clip

5. minisushi August 28, 2008 at 2:22 PM

it’s the great marc jacobs & louis vuitton documentary directed by Loïc Prigent. He is a genius here in france, responsible for various documentaries (signé chanel) and TV show about fashion. He’s a big laugh too constently humoring about the “cliché” and exagerations of fashion industry.

6. Long Tran August 28, 2008 at 7:58 PM

I rented mine from Netflix. Good documentary and makes his seem more genius than meth addict gone plastic surgery happy. Win-win I’d say.

7. yivon August 28, 2008 at 10:16 PM

j’adore marc ;)

8. pitboss12 August 29, 2008 at 8:50 AM

You can also catch this on the Sundance Channel. It was on heavy rotation a short while ago.

9. bryan kennedy August 29, 2008 at 10:22 PM

When I finally need glasses I will try and track down Marc’s great frames. Love those.

10. a*siq August 30, 2008 at 8:37 PM

bobby, netflix has the movie.
    Don’t know how many copy they got, but if they only have one, you are out of luck.
    Cause I’m still holding on to it…
    really good documentary though.Its inspiring..you absolutely need to see it.

11. john September 1, 2008 at 3:44 AM

almost bought this from magma, in covent garden but got mcsweeney’s instead – thanks so much for the clip

12. BobbyBobby September 1, 2008 at 8:29 AM

Thanks everyone! I was able to check it out this weekend, and I’m definitely gonna’ do a little write up soon.

13. Pingback: Marc Jacobs Documentary Clip « BusyWorkBlog