Verity Keniger

I swear, there’s something in the water in England, there are so many damn talented people on such a small island (with Australia coming up close behind!). Anyhow, the work of Verity Keniger reminds me of this, seeing as how she has a hand full of projects, most of them being really stunning. Her style is kind of all over the place, but I guess the common thread could be bright colors, some halftones here and there, and fun hand drawn items.

The pieces above are from a project she did for her degree, taking inspiration from Haley’s Comet and it’s journey around the sun. Though it looks like a single piece, but it’s actually made up of six different pieces that combine to make one awesome, record cover looking thing. I think the color of the pieces are perfect, and I’m totally obsessed with all the textures. My favorites are the sunburst on the outer cover, and the geometric shapes that kind of look like rocks, like I kind of want tattoos that look like those. Check out the rest of her work, lots of fun stuff!

7 Comments Verity Keniger

1. Nick July 30, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Very nice. Beautiful in fact.

Australia is a really big island, however. We’re very sensitive about our “largest island” status.

2. Katie July 30, 2008 at 3:33 AM

I’d like to echo Nick’s comment – Australia is roughly the size of the contiguous US (and the 6th largest country in the world). A lot fewer people though – just 21 million. I guess Nick’s right about our sensitivity regarding size. :-)

3. Thomas July 30, 2008 at 8:22 AM

I don’t think Bobby was talking about the size of the islands, but about the amount of talented people that live on them.

That said, that piece of art looks amazing!

4. Sulfura July 30, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Australia is in fact 7,692,024 km² whereas the entire UK is only 242,900 km². We are the largest country without a land-border to neighbours, the largest country in Oceania and the largest country wholly in the Southern Hemisphere.

5. BobbyBobby July 30, 2008 at 6:11 PM

I’m talking creativity, not land mass. Note to self: Australians are quite literal.

6. Katie July 30, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Literal AND sensitive regarding size. :-)

7. Verity August 17, 2008 at 3:06 AM

thanks for the nice words bobby!