Feist Performs 1,2,3,4 on Sesame Street

For the premiere of Sesame Street’s 39th season (OMG) Feist will be performing her song 1,2,3,4 except that it’s going to be geared toward kids and counting. I know, I know, the song is totally played out, but it’s so damn cute when it’s on Sesame Street. My favorite part of the whole video is the penguins that are by the door, and then at the end when they sing the bah bah bah bah part, except the chickens are clucking, haha… I think it’s great when contemporary musicians give back to kids like this, I know I’d be super thrilled to hear my son or daughter singing this little song. The episode is set to premiere on August 11th, so if you have kids be sure to plunk them down in front of the TV that day!

9 Comments Feist Performs 1,2,3,4 on Sesame Street

1. ryan July 17, 2008 at 11:39 AM

They missed a perfect opportunity for The Count to make a huge come-back with this song… it could have been bigger that Converse ad with Santagold and the guy from The Strokes, but instead they went with some no-talent chickens!

I think it’s time for The Count to look for a new agent!

2. Taylor July 17, 2008 at 1:43 PM

AWESOME! That’s all I need to say.

3. rey-o July 17, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Yes! My two favorite things in life, now together!

4. Asvetic July 17, 2008 at 4:31 PM

It doesn’t hurt that she’s also hot!

5. tipere July 17, 2008 at 5:10 PM

I have to agree with Ryan, a part of me thinks that Feist wished it would have been better. Some old school puppets would have been amazing. I learned to speak english with Sesame Street, but I didn’t watch it for the lessons, rather for the sheer entertainement. Here, it seems puirely academic to me. But I like the fact that Feist is 100 pour 100 naturelle.

6. B July 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM

if i had a kid i wouldn’t force him/her to watch it, but if it were on and they were watching i’d enjoy it.

7. Rob McDougall July 19, 2008 at 8:25 AM

what happened to the count?!

8. Patrick July 20, 2008 at 10:33 AM

this is cool and all, but I don’t think anything can beat stevie wonder’s appearance on sesame street back in the 70s…

9. Pingback:   2008   July   29 by Urban Retro Lifestyle