The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Neil Doshi

The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Neil Doshi

Neil Doshi

Hey look, it’s Wednesday! This week’s DWP artist hails all the way from Montréal, Canada and has to be one of the nicest guys I’ve met through the blog. Oh yeah, and he’s an really awesome artist! I came across Neil Doshi’s work last year some time and was really impressed by his immense creativity and his love of patterns. I even got to meet him as he traveled through California on a secret mission and he was an extremely down to earth guy who was very thoughtful and really into his art. He’s also been rather busy as well, with two big projects that have come out in the last few months. First he had a shirt put out by The Quiet Life called Right On Fight On, the proceeds of which went to The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to help find a cure.

More recently he’s joined up with Engrave Your Book, creating a design called Drawing Yourself Into a Corner which you can have laser engraved onto a crazy amount of items. He’s also decided to share a modified version of this awesome design so you can have it on your desktop aas well! I love all the crazy details and patterns he put into the piece, it’ll definitely keep your eyes busy.

As for next week, well, I’ll be announcing something big. Not “crazy” big, but “really fun” big, and I think you’ll all be pretty jazzed about it. So be extra-sure to check back in next week.

11 Comments The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Neil Doshi

1. Pingback: now » The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Neil Doshi

2. maura June 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM

great project you’ve got here :) i love reading about the different artists and the desktops have been great. this is probably my favorites so far. very cool! best to you.

3. Chris Halsted June 25, 2008 at 5:05 PM

nice one. without being too selfish it reminds me of candypeople.dk’s ‘red dog’. I love the pattern it creates – and i am crazy about the wallpaper project in general!

4. BobbyBobby June 25, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Thanks, Chris!

5. Neil S June 25, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Great new wallpaper. I’ve been loving the Project and have tried out every single one. Blog is great too. Thanks.

6. Nigel June 26, 2008 at 9:03 AM

Yeah, I was going to say, this is very similar to the cover of MSTRKRFT’s The Looks. With MSTRKRFT hailing from Toronto, I think the possibility is probable. Regardless of whether or not he did their album cover or not MSTRKRFT is comin to play my hometown in a few weeks…so stoked.

7. colleen June 26, 2008 at 7:52 PM

i’m not going to sleep all week now from excitement

8. neil June 27, 2008 at 11:45 AM

the people that did the MSTKRFT cd cover are SERIPOP http://www.seripop.com/. They do amazing work and are also locals. Montreal What! What!

9. Giulia July 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM