Malin + Goetz Bergamot Body Wash

A couple weeks ago I ordered some Malin + Goetz body wash because I was running out of the horrible body wash I had. Last Friday I received it and was so excited to try it out. I’d heard a lot of good praise about their products for a while, specifically from people who’ve stayed at an Ace Hotel.

When I opened the package I was smiling because the body wash came in a cute paper bag (I’m guessing this is what you get when you shop at their store in NY?), and there were samples of some of their other products as well, such a good idea to sucker me in. I still have the paper bag, that’s how cute I thought it was, with the print of the bottle on the front and back, as you can see above. I also love the design of their bottles, simple Helvetica in different font weights and bold colors. I think the point being is that what’s in the bottle is more important than the package itself.

I tried out the body wash and I actually really liked it. The flavor is bergamot, which is not like a citrus-y, bergamot orange smell, it’s actually a spice that’s techincally named Monarda didyma. Yeah, I was so curious that I did my homework on this one. It’s a very strong, manly smell, but you don’t leave the shower reeking of it either. It’s also a good pick-me-up in the morning, which is also helpful.

On a side note I want to say that I emailed M + G to get my tracking number because I wasn’t sure when my package was arriving. I actually received an email back from Andrew Goetz, or at least a well trained intern pretending to be Andrew. Either way, I got an email back in exactly 10 minutes, and he was totally nice and helpful, and I figured if there service was that good, their products are probably going to be just as good. Turns out I was right.

10 Comments Malin + Goetz Bergamot Body Wash

1. Jason June 26, 2008 at 12:19 AM

I want it just for the packaging…

2. Simon June 26, 2008 at 5:05 AM

haha just because of the crazy packaging and this post I’ve decided to buy myself a bottle!

3. Tristan Jones June 26, 2008 at 7:34 AM

i like that bottle design, but i think we should recognize the most supreme soap bottle design of all: dr. bronner’s magic soap.

4. Pierre Vanni June 26, 2008 at 7:52 AM

Cool post,
    love the paper bag.

5. mikeperez23 June 26, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Malin+Goetz have beautiful packaging, for all of their products.

If you haven’t already tried it, please try the Rum scented products. Their Rum tonic fragrance (unisex) is da bomb!

And yes, the owners of M&G are very hands-on guys, and that most likely WAS Mr. Goetz himself. Cool guys.

6. BobbyBobby June 26, 2008 at 1:07 PM

I will definitely have to do that!
    And yes, it was Andrew, he emailed me this morning telling me so, haha…

7. Sean June 26, 2008 at 1:11 PM

have you ever thought about becoming a salesman?

8. brandon June 26, 2008 at 1:12 PM

You can actually find M+G products all over LA as well; including Rudy’s barbershop in Silver Lake..

9. BobbyBobby June 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Sean: I’ve been salesman plenty of times in my life and I hate it. The problem is that you have to end up selling things you don’t believe in. Everything I write about on here is something that I find interesting, otherwise, what’s the point? : )

Brandon: Yeah, but would they have given me that awesome bag?! haha…