Since I have a lot of free time these days, I’ve actually taken the opportunity to actually relax. I work out almost every day, clean my apartment, and I’ve also started a new obsession… Intelligentsia coffee. I stopped drinking a coffee for a while, it just didn’t agree with me very well. But last August an Intelligentsia opened up down the street from my apartment, one of a handful in the country. Over the weekend Frank and I needed a place to sit outside and drink cool beverages, so we decided to try it out.

Well we ended up really liking it. I had an iced latte and he had a spicy ginger soda. They have misters outside to cool everyone down, beautiful tiles, and the people hanging out are always interesting. What’s cool is that they also have an online store where you can buy their coffee from. I’ve been 3 times in the last week, that’s how good the coffee is. I also love they’re logo and packaging by the way, The Dieline actually just ran a post about the packaging for the coffee last week as well. Definitely check out their site at the very least, and if you happen to be in Los Angeles, be sure to stop by.

7 Comments Intelligentsia

1. Alexander June 26, 2008 at 1:41 AM

I went to the Intelligentsia in Silver Lake in April; it was the best cup of coffee I had in all of California. So yeah, you’re definitely right.

2. Supreme June 26, 2008 at 4:55 AM

Really great stuff, they’ve got!

3. graham h. June 26, 2008 at 2:45 PM

i live in chicago, where intelligentsia is roasted, and just finished an iced americano from the randolph st. location. they make good stuff, and they clearly love what they do. glad to see they’re getting some attention from the coasts.

4. mikelite June 27, 2008 at 12:39 AM

don’t forget the home office on Broadway in Chicago, IL. if you can’t make it to a store, Whole Foods carries their coffee too, definitely worth the extra cash.

5. michael June 27, 2008 at 3:06 PM

i love intelligentsia. it’s my little piece of chicago in LA. and thank god, too. i just wish there was more seating sometimes. i also miss the strip fluorescent lights they had instead of the ball pendants… it was little more austere, i guess, but an overall nicer effect, i thought.

6. elaine July 3, 2008 at 12:35 AM

intelly! amazing. delicious. i live in san jose, so having their coffee is a rare and wonderful occurence… but one of their baristas was in the USBC. specialty coffee = life.

7. Jspeedy July 13, 2008 at 10:20 AM

I’m a coffee enthusiast from Southern Indiana and in my experience Intelligentsia has shipped me some amazing ly fresh and unique blends. Thank you, Intelligentsia for great coffee and customer service!