KOR ONE Water Bottle

Living in LA you see a lot of people sucking down bottles of Voss like it contains the fountain of youth when in actuality they’re wasting $5 for a glass bottle filled with purified tap water. For me personally, a nalgene has been a great way to carry water around, tap water is fine, thank you. But the folks over at RKS have decided to take water bottles up a notch with their new design called KOR ONE.

The KOR ONE is trying to elevate design in water bottles so that people will feel hip and cool with one in their hand, but at the same time, stopping you from buying plastic or glass water bottles that you end up throwing away and don’t get recycled. The bottle is made from a “copolyester called Tritan”, which unlike most plastic water bottles doesn’t contain those gross chemicals that everyone warns you about. So you’re helping the environment in a big way, keeping yourself from drinking gross stuff, and you happen to look rather stylish at the same time. I totally dig it.

The one downside is that the KOR ONE is going to be $30 when it’s released August 1st, but if you didn’t have to buy another bottle for at least 5 years, that’s a big savings, right? Head over to their site and check it out for yourself.

15 Comments KOR ONE Water Bottle

1. Jason June 24, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I think pretty much everyone in Toronto recycles but it’s still not that great to use water bottles since recycling plastic creates more CO2 emissions than it would take if you just made new plastic from new oil haha… :S

2. Jason June 24, 2008 at 11:29 PM

By ‘water bottles’ I mean the kind you buy in large cases at Costco lol.

3. Rob McDougall June 25, 2008 at 3:35 AM

I thought this might have something to do with that purifying water bottle you showed a while back. That’d be cool. So you can have your tap water and it’d taste like spring water!

4. marc June 25, 2008 at 4:43 AM

Does anyone in this world understand that the bottle, usually a BPA containing plastic, is the worst thing in the world. It`s not about the water, its about the plastic, the room it takes in landfill (Torontonians should know that barely 50% of recycled goods are indeed recycled, and most of the time sent to China for recycling). But most of all the cost of polluting the air to bring this water to your hands as opposed to using a better quality tap water…
    Thanks Bobby for bringing that one up, I’m still amazed to see that my favorite restaurant sell water that is being transported all the way from Fidji in 2008. A lot of them now know that they should not drop bottled water on my table in case they want a tip. I can’t understand why I have to explain that to the waiter. Does your chef cook his spagetti in bottled water ?

5. Brad June 25, 2008 at 7:38 AM

Well, a couple weeks back researchers at the University of Cincinnati released a startling new study showing that many of these bottles leach bisphenol A (BPA), an endocrine disruptor, into water that is being stored within the container.

These researchers found that these plastic bottles leach BPA into room-temperature water. That’s bad enough, but if boiling water is put into these bottles, the rate of BPA leaching goes up by quite a bit.

6. MrBirch June 25, 2008 at 9:00 AM

Remember also the amount of water it takes to produce the plastic bottles in the first place. It’s fair enough drinking bottled water when you’re in certain parts of the world, but the centre of London is not a hotbed of waterbourne diseases…tsk. I like this thought, I want one.

7. Davis June 25, 2008 at 10:19 AM

“A lot of them now know that they should not drop bottled water on my table in case they want a tip.”

Marc, I bet you enjoy a lot of “Things White People Like”….

8. BobbyBobby June 25, 2008 at 11:11 AM

You’re all eco-hippies and I love you all.

9. marc June 25, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Actually, that’s pretty ironic since I am black. It’s OK if you drink bottled water all day long Davis, I don’t. In fact my organic gardens are rain water fed. Imagine, I treat my compost better than you treat yourself…

10. BobbyBobby June 25, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Hahahaha SNAP!

11. Jason June 25, 2008 at 9:42 PM

LOL WOW.

12. paul June 30, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Paul from Kor Water here. Bobby, thanks for the write-up. I just wanted to clarify one thing. KOR and RKS are separate companies. They did a great job on the deisgn, but we (KOR) are the manufacturers and marketers.

13. Lana July 8, 2008 at 9:25 AM

great looking bottle – looks like they thought through the design and the features–can’t wait to see one in person

14. Randi October 30, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Randi here from KOR, for those of you who took the time to comment about the Kor One, thank you! It is now available and shipping. It took us a while to get the production going, but the end result was worth the wait. The demand has been amazing and we are very excited about how many people are interested in better health, better environment, and better design. I invite you to come check out the website also, as there are many interesting facts and articles about water, recycling, health and our planet.