The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, But Nicely Typeset

Of all the movies that are coming out this year, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is definitely in the top 5. I’m a huge fan of David Fincher (Fight Club is one of my very favorite movies) and the story itself just sounds so cool. As it turns out so is Jonathon McNicol, a designer from Connecticut who not only runs Chip Kidd’s website but also is a regular contributor to clusterflock. Jonathon, in all of his excitement, has decided to create a “proofread and nicely (hopefully) typeset” PDF version of the story, one chapter at a time over the next 11 days.

I’ve already read the first chapter and it’s beautifully put together and gets me really excited to see the movie. My only hesitation is that I’ll know hwo the movie ends, but I guess it would be better to stay true and read the book then worry about the movie? Where do my morals stand?! P.S. I put the paper pattern behind the page up there, just so you all didn’t have to stare at an almost blank page.

8 Comments The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, But Nicely Typeset

1. Asvetic June 20, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Anything set in Scala always look great.

2. Maria @ Stickers & Donuts June 20, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Fight Club is my favorite movie! (I wrote multiple papers about it in college… and high school. Dork.) & I am very much looking forward to this Fincher film. And, the excitement continues with this pdf, because it combines two more of my favorites: reading & typography!

3. Coplin June 21, 2008 at 5:20 AM

read half of the book?

4. Patrick June 21, 2008 at 8:16 PM

the story has such a literary ending, that I think the movie will have to come up with a slightly different way of closing it. the whole jazz age collection of shorts is pretty great, if you feel compelled to read more F. Scott.

5. sassypants June 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Read the book, of course. Then you can bitch about how much better it was than the movie ;)

6. nicole July 6, 2008 at 3:27 PM

It seems that the plot of the movie and the short story are very different, I don’t think anything is spoiled by reading the short story. Both versions are very intriguing.

7. Fernanda January 22, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Olá! Eu sou brasileira, e estava procurando sobre o filme “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    ” e achei o seu blog. Gostei por que consegui entender a maioria das coisas que você escreveu! parabéns! Adorei o filme.