New Mcginley Inspired Sigur Ros Video for Gobbledigook

Holy crap. Out of nowhere Sigur Ros just released this new single and video for a song called Gobbledigook, an Animal Collective-esque song that makes me really frigging excited for their new album, Með suð i eyrum við spilum endalaust (With A Buzz In Our Ears We Play Endlessly). Yeah, seriously, that’s what it’s called.

But what really takes the cake is how awesome the music video is! It was directed by Arni & Kinski, and inspired by Ryan McGinley who I guess also collaborated on the video. To me that sounds like they asked him if they could shoot in his style so he wouldn’t sue them and he said yes, haha… Anyhow, the video, in classic McGinley fashion, features a bunch of hot, young things running around naked in the woods. It’s not shot quite like a McGinley photo, but I think the essence is there at the very least. I think combined with the song it’s particularly amazing, definitely pretty fun and out there.

If you’re at work, you probably shouldn’t watch it, as there are boobs and weens ALL OVER the place in this video, so that’s you’re warning. But I highly suggest sneaking behind your bosses and co-workers back and watching it, it’s damn beautiful and the song is way fun. I mean, it’s artsy nudes, they’re not having sex, so whatevs.

Found through Gorilla vs. Bear

11 Comments New Mcginley Inspired Sigur Ros Video for Gobbledigook

1. Jeff May 27, 2008 at 3:55 PM

god, no one wants to see that!

(yes go ahead and delete this comment)

2. luke May 27, 2008 at 4:19 PM

great find Bobby. i can hardly keep up with your content. but, i definitely saw some sex in there, didn’t i? there was a girl getting on with sycamore leaves something fierce.

3. BobbyBobby May 27, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Luke, you pervert, that was obviously just some friendly tickling! hahaha

4. luke May 27, 2008 at 6:25 PM

well, that’s some deluxe tickling! you’ll see when the Gobbledigook Children (those conceived during this shoot) are interviewed on 20/20 a decade from now. at any rate, keep up the great work, Bobby. you’re ace at diminishing my productivity.

5. Taylor May 27, 2008 at 7:48 PM

I’m pretty sure Sigur Rós is using some of Ryan’s photos for the artwork for the new album. I was going to fill you in on this because I’m aware that we share a similar love for Ryan McGinley, but I figured you already knew this, but disliked Sigur Rós too much to post it. So, in case you didn’t know, now you do. And now I’m definitely ready to get some “me” time so I can watch this video. Sigur Rós is one of my favorite bands, and to hear a song of theirs described as “Animal Collective-esque” excites me. Okay. Sorry for the super long comment. I just got carried away.

6. Paulo May 28, 2008 at 6:14 AM

wow, a HAPPY Sigur Rós song! Different, but still cool

7. BobbyBobby June 4, 2008 at 12:16 PM

You know, like wieners, dicks, cocks, pee pees, whatever you want to call ’em.

8. Kristoffer June 19, 2008 at 4:16 PM

McGinley is also the man behind the cover photo from the album…

9. BobbyBobby June 19, 2008 at 4:16 PM