Ghostpatrol

I’ve been keeping this idea to myself lately, but I swear it’s true. The Australians are going to destroy us with their art, and seeing the work of Ghostpatrol further solidifies this idea. Ghostpatrol is an Australian artist currently working in a studio in Melbourne called Mitten Fortress, which may possibly be one of the best names for a studio EVER. Ghosty started out stenciling walls but has since moved into painting which I’m enjoying a lot. Above is one of my favorite things I saw on his site, these sanded down pencils with paintings of children with large noggins. But his work goes all over the place, from plush dolls to giant murals so be sure to check out all of his amazing work!

Found through draw.kyu

8 Comments Ghostpatrol

1. Darci May 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM

I love this picture. It my projector backdrop for my classroom. I like to change it up – the kids ask where I find them and I can exposed them to new forms of visual art.

2. Eliza Frye May 22, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Australians are totally going to wipe us out from behind! Check out this girl’s gallery that monopolized half my afternoon yesterday: http://adoradora.deviantart.com/

Also awesome pencil painting.

3. Ben Rowe May 24, 2008 at 5:37 AM

I was lucky enough to see this and more pencil pieces by ghostpatrol this month – in Melbourne. Twas a great Australian exhibition.

All of them as terrific as this one.

4. mariza May 24, 2008 at 11:29 AM

firstly, just wanted to let you know you have an amazing blog…always miles ahead.
    …and, juxtapoz just put out an article on the melbourne art scene…they’re definitly creating some amazingness.

5. mariza May 24, 2008 at 11:31 AM

“definitely”
    oops
    ;)

6. Pingback: Whimsical paintings on shaved pencils by Ghostpatrol | Gentle Pure Space

7. reezy July 8, 2008 at 5:31 PM

i can only assume they got their name from the song ghost patrol by sydney band gerling… which is awesome!

check out the video for the song…

8. Pingback: Let’s talk creative « The Proof is in the Pudding