Vasco Cesaretti

Look Up, For We Are No More by Vasco Cesaretti (mp3)

In The Car by Vasco Cesaretti (mp3)

At the office where I work we have several interns, one of them is this 17 year old guy named Vasco Cesaretti. He reads the blog every now and again, and a few weeks ago he asked me to post about him. So I asked him, “What would I write about?”. He told me that I should write about his music. I sort of laughed it off, but told him to send me some, that I’d listen to it, but inside my head I’m already thinking, “Oh my god I’m gonna have to lie to him this is gonna be sooo awkward.”

He sent me a couple songs that night after I went to bed, so I woke up with them in my Inbox. I started to play them, and began to FREAK out. They were really good. Not even really good, they were amazing! I was dumbfounded. I was sitting in my underwear under a blanket grinning from ear to ear in total shock that the 17 year old intern at my work could make music like this.

Vasco currently goes to an ‘arts school for creative people’ that he hates, he has dual citizenship with the US and Italy, he likes to watch neo-realist and new wave films, and plays cello, guitar, and piano. Musically though, he sounds sort of like Grizzly Bear, I guess? It’s kind of electronic, kind of acoustic, so I dunno. I think the best thing to do is listen to his songs, download them, and decide for yourself. Also be sure to check out his page which I made him make, haha…

Let me know what you guys think!

17 Comments Vasco Cesaretti

1. Marc April 24, 2008 at 4:07 PM

This is great stuff, beautiful actually.

(blog is amazing too by the way)

2. akatsuki April 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM

My first impressions: beautiful, delicate, substantial, lyrical. And secondary to those thoughts, the pieces sound like a perfect soundtrack to an ethereal film.

3. Jono April 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I will keep him in mind for future endeavors. Props to him for sure.

4. Jono April 24, 2008 at 6:50 PM

I just listened to his other 2 songs on Do you happen to have the other 2 songs in mp3 format? Especially Runner Fire…! Please post if you do. I’d really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

5. Ryan M April 24, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Super dope!

6. katie April 25, 2008 at 1:51 AM

i really like the first track – sounds very mature for a 17 year old.

7. dusan April 25, 2008 at 7:42 AM

beautiful, ethernal, I’m feeling energy while listening to his sounds and voice

8. electro^plankton April 25, 2008 at 8:38 AM

It’s pretty good. He sounds like Thom Yorke’s and Bjork’s love child.

9. Justin R April 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Something to stick in your pipe…in two posts you mention a talent’s age as something that sets them apart or makes it otherwise unlikely attribute of a talent. “although only in mid twenties” for example. As a mid-20s reader and someone who thinks he’s accomplished quite a bit himself for his age, I am frustrated by this idea that unusual-ness for young people to do amazing things, is somehow greater than for someone older to do something amazing. I think we should not be surprised by what age people do things. In my view, where else should exciting new ideas and talents come from, but the young. Whether or not intentional, I thought I would encourage you to think differently.

10. BobbyBobby April 25, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Justin: My friend, I’m 25, and I have this blog to show for what one person in their mid-20’s is capable of doing. if anything I’m in admiration of that person, or I’m totally jealous of them.

I wish that I could make music like Vasco does at 25, I couldn’t even imagine being that talented at 17. I was sitting around playing video games nd reading comic books, having no idea what the hell I wanted to do with my life. So I’m not being condescending, I’m completely impressed.

11. theorist April 26, 2008 at 3:30 AM

Nice. Really nice. I check out gobs of artists every week and don’t like the majority of what I hear, so this is refreshing.

Does he ever sing in Italian?

12. Kasper April 27, 2008 at 12:50 AM

This is absolutely amazing.. It’s very well composed, and with a whole lot of soul to it. Really nice.

13. secret May 24, 2008 at 7:56 PM

truly talented.. & what a stone cold hottie. let me have his number! ;)

14. ciara March 19, 2009 at 2:17 AM

haha god. vasco. you’re ridiculous you know that right?
    I found your jeeves book by the way…if you still want that back.

15. KNIG May 11, 2010 at 3:38 AM

This stuff is wonderful. I stumbled across this original post over 2 years ago now, and I was lucky enough to be able to pick up the two tracks that were on the page. They’re now among the top 25 most played in my iTunes library.

I know plentttty of pple who would be willing to pay for his stuff, any way to get in contact or get sum music would be mass preciated :D

16. Irene Marie November 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Now you’ll have to get him to set up an account where one can purchase his mp3’s.