The Tracey Fragments

I had dinner with my friend Max last night and he suggested that I check out the trailer for (one of) Ellen Page’s upcoming movies, The Tracey Fragments. The movie stars Page as a 15 year old girl named Tracey Berkowitz who is “naked under a tattered shower curtain at the back of a bus, looking for her little brother Sonny, who thinks he’s a dog.” Yes, that’s the best description I’ve found of the movie so far.

The trailer isn’t much more help either, but it certainly does look like an interesting film, and so far Page has a decent track record for picking great movies to star in (we don’t need to talk about X-Men 3). At the very least the trailer has me curious as to what the hell the movie is supposed to be about. What do you ll think of it, yay or nay?

UPDATE: Ugh, I totally forgot to tell you all that Broken Social Scene is doing the soundtrack, which makes it an even more exciting movie! I swear I didn’t just know that because someone wrote in the comments! haha

10 Comments The Tracey Fragments

1. Jacob April 24, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Ellen Page definitely established herself with Juno, which would not have been nearly as good without her.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about The Tracey Fragments. The only worry seems to be that it will be hard to watch because it’s so artsy.

2. Ade April 24, 2008 at 3:04 PM

i think the most exciting thing about this music is the prospect of a score by broken social scene!

3. Megan April 24, 2008 at 3:11 PM

So far it has a good score, a good leading actress, and the plot seems unique and kinda random… I think it sounds pretty good! But I also thought Mister Lonely was going to be good using those standards and you say it isn’t, so, oh well.

4. faz April 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM

i just want to see the parts with jerry curl guy and her in a blonde wig. those parts look amazing.

5. maxjue April 24, 2008 at 4:21 PM

um. Ellen Page established herself with Hard Candy.
    She carried that piece and it was incredible.

6. paul April 24, 2008 at 4:51 PM

worth noting that this film is directed by Bruce MacDonald, the Canadian responsible for movies like Hard Core Logo, Highway 61 (featuring a cameo by Jello Biafra) and Roadkill (featuring Joey Ramone). Dude has also directed eps of Degrassi The Next Generation and Queer as Folk.

so yeah, Ellen Page, score by BSS, directed by Bruce MacDonald, this movie should be pretty dope.

i was worried about this movie since it premiered at Cannes last year but it seems like the US release is May 9. Oddly, it might appear on screens in the U.S. sooner than in Canada…

7. Jon April 25, 2008 at 7:21 AM

My friend Matt Hannam helped edit this movie, and edited this trailer! The movie looks great, and parts were shot in my home town!

8. Rob McDougall April 26, 2008 at 6:38 AM

I love BSS, can’t wait to see it :)

9. Jamie May 2, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Looks like an interesting movie. According to Amazon the DVD will be available July 8.

10. rek May 27, 2008 at 8:35 AM

I assure you this was on screens here in Toronto last year, and not part of TIFF.