The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Dan Funderburgh

Dan Funderburgh Wallpaper - iPhone, iPad, Desktop

Dan Funderburgh

I’ve been wanting to post this wallpaer for weeks now, but I know that I need to pace myself, that The Desktop Wallpaper Project has a long life ahead of it. The magnificent piece you see above is by the one-of-a-kind illutrator, Dan Funderburgh. Dan has become one of my favorite artists over the last couple years, mostly due to his immense talent in creating the most amazing repeating patterns and wallpapers. And I’m not the only one who sees his genius, seeing that folks like Flavor Paper have made real life versions of his amazing patterns.

For the wallpaper you see above, it’s so simple, and yet it’s so damn complex at the same time. It’s like he’s restrained and eccentric at the same time? The details in the umbrella are absolutely amazing, and the simple brown and creme color palette is drool-worthy. I’d also like to point out that I made two different iPhone and PSP wallpapers, the first showing the complete image, and the second is a completely crisp detail image of the umbrella, just because I couldn’t resist.

I hope you all enjoy this wallpaper as much as I have been, I felt like it totally wasn’t fair to keep this to myself for any longer. Check back next week for the funniest and most clever wallpaper I’ve received so far, I promise it’ll make you laugh.

9 Comments The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Dan Funderburgh

1. JC April 16, 2008 at 12:39 PM

hey these are great. keep them coming! i love that there’re iphone and PSP versions too. the radiohead desktops are very cool too. thx for sharing.

2. Benjamin April 16, 2008 at 12:50 PM

I have had Dan Funderburgh in my bookmarks for a while now, he truly is THE master of patterns! His flower pedal and carcinogenic wallpaper are damn slick, but his print work also deserve massive amounts of credit… the man has skills… mad skills!!! Thank you for yet another amazing desktop wallpaper :-)

3. Pingback: Dan Funderburgh Illustrated Desktop Wallpaper | Farmidable

4. Nilas April 16, 2008 at 1:07 PM

best one so far

5. max April 16, 2008 at 3:48 PM

that’s gotta be an album cover
    i want that for my band haha
    amazing

6. Nilas April 17, 2008 at 4:36 AM

@max

yeah you’re right, its pretty albumcoverish!

7. theorist April 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Love the Desktop Wallpaper Project, but what’s with all the guns?

8. Jamie April 20, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Dan F. Rules!

9. Grant April 21, 2008 at 6:36 PM

This is my new favourite piece of art, as of right now. Positively gorgeous. Thank you so so so much for sharing, Mr. Funderburgh, and thanks also to Bobby for curating this glorious project of yours. Simply wonderful. I am now reading your blog regularly, not just the desktop wallpaper project stream. It’s won you a reader.