Kitsune Noir is Migrating

So it’s official, Kitsune Noir has outgrown it’s britches. Over the last year Kitsune Noir has done some serious growing, going from one of those random blogs out in the web to being in the top 8,000 of all of ’em. Because of this, the server I’m on currently is starting to prove rather… unreliable. So I’m now in the process of moving to a Media Temple server, which means the reliability of the site will pretty much never come into question. It also means things will load faster, and everyone should be happy.

But over the next few days, things might be a little screwy, so I just wanted to warn everyone. Come Monday, everything should be beautiful and we can put this silly incident behind us. Thanks again for everyone for their amazing support and friendship, without all of you readers this wouldn’t be half as fun.

11 Comments Kitsune Noir is Migrating

1. Erich March 26, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Media temple doesn’t always mean smooth sailing unless they are sponsoring you. Stay away from the grid servers. They do have nice interfaces & a support line you can call which is pretty sweet. good luck!

2. Tim March 26, 2008 at 8:46 PM

silent reader for a while, im glad to hear things will keep on going and running smoother

3. bluebright March 26, 2008 at 10:43 PM

I don’t recall ever offering you my support or friendship…

…oh okay, FINE, you can have it.

4. electro^plankton March 26, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Welcome to the Media Temple family but as a long time Media Temple member (4 years), know that they’ve been having short outages lately too. Their grid servers are beautifully efficient but they’re still working out the kinks – a year after launch.

So expect some bumpy roads ahead but overall I couldn’t be more happy. And even if they’re not sponsoring you, they happily credit any months with outages.

5. Michael [Boicozine] March 27, 2008 at 1:06 AM

I switched over recently too. I got a massive (well, massive for me) amount of hits via Newstoday and got charged loads by 1&1 so I had to switch over. All seems fine and well. Being able to call someone up and have a chat is way cool.

I know it’s a bit like ‘dah’ but don’t forget to back-up your database before you do anything. I didn’t bother and stupidly lost all my posts in the change over. It’s been kind of fun reposting everything but it is taking an age to do it.

6. Michael [Boicozine] March 27, 2008 at 1:09 AM

Oh yeah, if you use the 1-Click WordPress install thingy, it’ll file yer blog under /blog.kitsunenoir.com/ but not /kitsunenoir.com/blog/ so you might need some sort of redirection.

7. philip March 27, 2008 at 10:24 AM

its going to be better?

awsome! hehe

8. fabricio March 27, 2008 at 4:48 PM

(mt) is good… The best is the control panel I guess. I am running in one of Grid-Service Lite servers and sometimes it hangs. I can’t say it’s a complain but… I can’t say it never happened. Congrats on the growth…

9. Bobby S.Bobby S. March 27, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Thanks everyone for the tips! I’m actually on a dedicated virtual server, so I’m hoping I’m not going to experience any problems.

10. Jason L March 27, 2008 at 8:48 PM

I will just enjoy the Sunshine Sometime compilation you gave us in the meantime

11. Warren March 27, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Good for you. Your blog rocks. I have discovered a lot of great music here. Oh, and go Obama!

Warren