Black is the New President, Bitch

I’m back home from Northern California and I had a really great weekend. While I was up there I had a chance to watch Saturday Night Live which I never get to do because I don’t have cable… or a TV. The episode wasn’t very funny, but the special appearance by Tracy Morgan made the whole thing worthwhile. As of lately SNL has been catching a little flack for being too “Hillary friendly”, so they got Tracy Morgan to even the tide a little bit. I thought what he said was really great, but the very last part had me laughing and jumping out of my seat. Just watch the clip (which might have a commercial before the video, not my fault) and see for yourself.

11 Comments Black is the New President, Bitch

1. Jono March 17, 2008 at 12:00 AM

That was hilarious!

I like how SNL balanced it out with this and didn’t just let Tina Fey leave her viewpoint on the table. Nice job.

2. Ross March 17, 2008 at 12:31 AM

God dammit why cant i digg this.

3. samantha hahn March 17, 2008 at 9:10 AM

ok, that was the funniest thing in the world. I’m sending it to everyone I know. I’m hysterically laughing right now. Tracy Morgan is a riot in short doses! I wish I posted political stuff on my blog but I just don’t want to go there. If I did this would be the video to start it off.

4. mikelite March 17, 2008 at 12:06 PM

@electro^plankton. I agree. There are a few spots of brilliance, like the above, but overall it’s 90 minutes of tedium and reading directly from the telepromptr.

welcome back bob, hope your proverbial batteries got some juice in ’em.

5. Carlos March 17, 2008 at 1:19 PM

egh. Obama still sucks.

6. Patrick March 17, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Haha, just watched it this morning before heading to work. Tracy Morgan is great and I really dig that they picked him to talkback to his “boss” (Tina Fey, 30 Rock).

Did you see the Christian Siriano skit in the previous episode? Friggin hilarious.

7. Bobby S.Bobby S. March 17, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Carlos: Coming from a guy who has a website about pictures of beef, I’m not really concerned about your “egh”.

8. Garrett March 17, 2008 at 1:51 PM

It kind of makes sense. Obama publicly stated he “hates shitty beef websites.” I could understand the animosity.

9. Apprxam March 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Morgan’s jab at Tina makes me wonder about her use of “blackness” as comic dressing. “Bitch is the new black” confuses me. Has black ever been in-fashion? Cause I have to say,I… I missed it, and I’ve been black all my life. This had to be before OJ’s murder spree.

Well, I hope I recognize the next time, if there ever is another, we black folk become a positive social phenomenon, because I’m not sure that has ever really happened. (Was it March Madness?)

10. duncan March 18, 2008 at 10:45 PM