Ladd Magazine Holder by METAPHYS

I can easily admit that I have a problem with magazines. I think I always have, though now-a-days my 25 year old paycheck is larger than my 19 year old paycheck, so I tend to buy a lot more. This habit leads to having stacks of magazines all over my apartment. But if I had something like this Ladd Magazine Holder by METAPHYS, this probably wouldn’t be so bad, and my apartment would be a lot cooler looking.

I’m not entirely familiar with METAPHYS, though I know they all into the same minimal, Japanese design category as Muji and plusminuszero. Basically it’s awesome stuff you can only get in Japan (Muji being the recent exception). Ladd up there goes for ï¿¥49,800, or about $50 dollars $500 DOLLARS. I totally put my decimal point in the wrong place, and now I regret posting these. They are rather cool, but nowhere near $500 cool. I’ll just got to some craft fair and buy a ladder made out of branches or something…

9 Comments Ladd Magazine Holder by METAPHYS

1. Garrett February 27, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Dude, you would fill this thing in one trip to a newsstand.

2. Stuart February 28, 2008 at 2:34 AM

If they were $50 I’d running to my local stockist right now, but alas, 49,800 Yen is actually more like $500.

3. Benjamin February 28, 2008 at 8:37 AM

Yeah, 12 magazines is not very much, but it is very stylish…

4. Bobby S.Bobby S. February 28, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Stuart: SHIT. I always put my decimal point in the wrong place!

5. Stuart February 28, 2008 at 9:34 PM

It’s an easy mistake to make, if I hadn’t been living in Japan I’d probably not have noticed!

6. mexist February 29, 2008 at 1:46 AM

$500.00??? buahaha!!

7. Scott March 20, 2008 at 9:40 AM

This could easily be replicated by tearing apart an old metal futon and just welding/fashioning some feet to it. Voila — instant magazine rack.

8. Bobby S.Bobby S. March 20, 2008 at 9:49 AM

I think that sounds like a solid idea, but that doesn’t sound easy in ANY way, haha…

9. Ellie August 4, 2008 at 6:33 AM

I have a magazine problem as well, and I’ve started keeping what I call my “binder of badass ideas”…I’ve culled through my older magazines salavaging the pictures/articles of real importance/potential. Then I have a few dividers in the binder for pictures of home ideas, fashion, cooking, teaching references (I teach). It’s worked really well and I’ve disposed of three boxes of previously filled magazines.