Last Week in Music | 2/17/08 – 02/24/08

This week’s LWiM looks pretty complete, but it’s also kind of boring at the same time. The three new bands I’m listening to I’ve already posted about (Vampire Weekend, Grand Archives, and Dent May) and the rest of the bands are people I listen to all the time. So I’ve decided to throw up some streaming songs of some of these bands, and hopefully it’ll be new and exciting for some people.

A Sweet Summer’s Night on Hammer Hill by Jens Lekman

Boston by Vampire Weekend

The Shining (Avalanches’ Good Word for the Weekend Remix) by Badly Drawn Boy

I hope everyone enjoys these!

6 Comments Last Week in Music | 2/17/08 – 02/24/08

1. pinklibrarian February 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM

yay, another indie rock blog update!!!

2. Bobby S.Bobby S. February 25, 2008 at 11:15 AM

You’ve been waiting since last Monday to write this again, right?

3. Juan February 25, 2008 at 3:04 PM

A biiiiig thanks for my ears :) It was a really good moment to hear these pearls…

4. Bobby S.Bobby S. February 25, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Thanks! I’m glad you liked ’em!

5. JET March 7, 2008 at 3:04 PM

I had no idea Vampire Weekend sounded like The Arctic Monkeys minus the energy, innovation and cohesion. Is this really what all the hype is about?

6. Bobby S.Bobby S. March 7, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Yeah, they sound exactly like Vampire Weekend… They both have guitar players, and singers, and are all men… EXACTLY THE SAME.