Kitsune Noir Will Be in Boston

On sort of another side note, I’m heading out to Boston tomorrow night to spend some time with Jeff. Because I know basically nothing about Boston, I was wondering if any of you had any good suggestions of places I should visit? I know some of the tourist-y type things to do, and Jeff has some plans for us as well, but I’d really love to get as many ideas as possible.

Also, if anyone is having any sort o art openings, bands playing, parties or anything cool like that, definitely drop me a line, and Me, Jeff and the camera will definitely make a trip to check things out.

You can leave a comment on this entry, or e-mail me at
hello@kitsunenoir.com
. I hope I hear from lots of people!

10 Comments Kitsune Noir Will Be in Boston

1. Jeff November 14, 2007 at 6:40 PM

oh man how much do i hate johnny cupcakes?

2. Jon November 15, 2007 at 12:39 AM

I know nothing about Boston other than their transit system. I just edited an instructional video for Boston transit ;) Have a good time!

3. Mat November 15, 2007 at 3:38 AM

Visited Boston in February for Valentine’s Day – LOVED the city. Johnny Cupcakes is certainly worth a visit; I know it doesn’t appeal to some, but they’ve got a GREAT identity and well worth supporting – the guy’s done well and the store is nicely thought out. Sure it’s a bakery-based ripoff of DQM in NYC, but they do great shirts. For trainers, Karmaloop opposite there on Newbury Street is a must as is Bodega(6 Clearway Street, Boston) – they get all the best limited releases and whatnot. Just stroll round the city, I found it a pretty romantic place (even tho it was about -4 degrees C when we went!) and they have great stores and galleries (especially round Harvard Sq, Cambridge).

Enjoy it!! Really want to go back someday…

4. Molly November 15, 2007 at 7:05 AM

johnny cupcakes is a waste of time and money.

however:
    harvard square: boston tea stop (bubble tea!!), leavitt and peirce (ancient tobacco store), black ink, the harvard book store (NOT the coup), harvard yard

boston: newbury street, boston commons (beautful), shino express (super cheap sushi stop on newbury street near copley), take a duck tour, the freedom trail (i’m an american history geek), the museum of fine arts, the institute of contemporary art (you’d love the new design life now! exhibit…its on the water front), MassArt (my school! we have a sweet mexican street graphics exhibit up now)

coolidge corner (c-line/brookline):
    coolidge corner theatre, paris creperie, brookline booksmith

have fun in boston! i love it :)

5. Jeff November 15, 2007 at 7:25 AM

this molly girl knows what she’s talking about. Thanks!!!

6. fabricio November 15, 2007 at 7:28 AM

Great city, The best sfogliatelli in th US. Little Italy is the most original in the US also. mangia che ti fa bene! e grosso

7. Bobby S.Bobby S. November 15, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Wow thanks everyone for the good tips so far. Johnny Cupcakes is a well designed store, but way too overpriced, I agree.

And for those who don’t know what Fabricio is talking about, here’s the wikipedia entry on sfogliatelle.

Send me more tips!

8. mark from poker November 16, 2007 at 1:56 AM

hey bob, have fun in beantown! i second the duck tour recommendation (“Quack-Quack!”).

also, one of my favorite weird spots is the mapparium, this bizarro spherical glass globe at the mary baker eddy library that you actually walk inside of. in addition to being inside a globe, the room is a ‘whispering gallery,’ enabling you to hear every conversation, regardless of where you are standing or which direction you are facing. oh lordy, this place and LSD. college. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapparium